Monday, October 10, 2005

First Project, a welding table

OK, finally a real project. My first thought was to create forks for my backhoe, but I thought I better create a welding cart first, but I quickly realized I needed to create a table to build that on, but... The garage was a mess! So, garage cleaned, I was finally able to start project #1...


Parts is Parts..
Laying out the first joint, which did burn the workmate, hence the need for a steel table :-)
Basic table
A simple seem without using any filler material.
My first corner of the top, boy did this one suck. Good project to learn on though.
The last corner. Much better but much more practice needed.

Leg supports added...
Once again the first weld sucked.
The last one was much better.

Shelf added...Lets see ya do this with a MIG :-)


TODO's : Wheels, a pull handle, and some holders for cables and TIG torch.