Friday, April 18, 2008

Base Complete

First a little side note: I found another great free tool to use with Sketchup. It is a free renderer called Kerkythea (kirk-ih-thea). That way I can make really pretty pictures of the projects a may finish someday :)

Anyway I finished the drawers and such for the base.

The faceframe is made from some of my own cherry (almost 2 years of air drying). This stuff is quarter-sawn and you can see some nice ray fleck in the close-up.

Again I was able to use my own maple for the drawer fronts edge banding:

Then I added a couple coats of Danish Oil and some hardware to match the miter bench.

The torsion style top is next...